Moisture Matters: Do you know how it impacts your N?

Guys!  Guys... seriously.  It's like they're listening to me!

Ok, sorry.  Let me back up and explain.  You remember how like 6 weeks I wrote this article called Agronomy Theory: 101?  Ok, well it turns out that there are a few options here:
#1.  I'm actually right and someone from 360 Yield Center saw my post and was like "Wow, that makes sense."
#2. They figured this out on their own, and I deserve zero credit, but at least I was right.
#3. I'm totally wrong and so is 360 Yield Center.

I mean I'm SURE that it's #1, because, I mean hey... why not?  BUT... either way, there's a 2 out of 3 chance that I was right and as that great sage of wisdom, Meat Loaf, reminds us, 



So yeah... like I said, I'll take it.  

Now, in case you're like, "WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!" allow me to explain.  I just got the email from 360 Yield Center with their new sales sheet.  CHECK IT OUT:


In all seriousness though, I am absolutely thrilled to see them publish this kind of thing.  If you follow me much at all, you know that I'm HUGE on #NUE (Nitrogen Use Efficiency)... mostly because I believe it is imperative that we do a better job with both our environmental and our economic stewardship.  To me, this is a MAJOR step in the right direction.  I'm excited to see 360 move away from just pushing yield.  To me, this represents a much needed paradigm shift and a much more nuanced and sophisticated understanding of the wide flexibility of the Y-Drop.  Y-Drop is not just a tool to go do the same old thing.  (TRANSLATION: This is NOT simply a replacement for your sidedress bar so that you can go out and still put on the same ridiculously high rate of nitrogen that you absolutely don't need.)   If you've got one, or if you're thinking of getting one you need to understand that this really is a revolutionary thing.  This tool has the potential to have a dramatic impact on both agricultural productivity and efficiency if we just learn when and how and where to best utilize it.

Speaking of increasing productivity and better stewardship, if you're anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, I'll be speaking at the PNDSA conference from 4-5 on next Tuesday, January 10th, so come check it out if you can!  I'll also have a booth there as well.  

In the meantime, if you're looking to get a set of Y-Drops this year (or any other 360 Yield Center Products for that matter), give me a call and I'll hook you up: 641-919-5574.  

Comments